You are here to follow the journey & misadventures of a woman named Sue who became visually impaired with Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD or ARMD) seemingly overnight. Join in the tears and laughter. Join in the discussion. Learn more about Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Find resources for your own journey or that of someone you know.
We’re going on a bear hunt….can’t go over it, can’t go under it, got to go through it.
Sue is a psychologist trained in Dialectic Behavior Therapy (DBT) and is using it to help her cope with this vision loss. Her trusted and invaluable friends bring computer, research and occupational therapy skills to this endeavor. Yeah team! We hope you benefit from the fruits of our labors.
We are not offering free psychological therapy. We are not medical people. Please read the disclaimer.
This website is divided into 4 parts:
- If you have just been diagnosed or if you are beginning your research, here’s a place to start in I Have Macular Degeneration…Now What?
- Sue’s journal pages which are like chapters in a book
- Highlights & News which are basically blog posts
- Links to helpful resources (still under construction)
For those of you who aren’t familiar with websites or blogs like this, to ensure that you will be notified when information is added to the website, you must subscribe by email. On a laptop & most tablets, you’ll find the place where you can do this in the right-hand column. On a smart phone, you will find it below the content for the page that you are looking at.
- Get information about our Facebook group
- Find out more about Sue
- Learn who Linda is & how she met Sue
- Find out how we organize our project
- Contact us if you find a problem or need help
We are still learning, we don’t know everything about this awful disease.
Thanks to Lesley B., Sally R., Dave M. and Gerry M. for going through the website looking for links that didn’t work, things that didn’t read well and typos. We couldn’t have done it without you.